Old 01-10-2012, 05:24 AM
fredbezies

Default New LTS kernel soon ?

Read this : https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/1/9/418

So, is Arch going to move is LTS kernel to 3.0.x, instead of 2.6.32.x where
x is something like 52 ?

--
Frederic Bezies
fredbezies@gmail.com

Old 01-10-2012, 07:04 AM
Bernardo Barros

Looks like 3.0 is our new LTS

3.0.y - this is the new "longterm" kernel release, it will be
maintained for 2 years at the minimum by me.
2.6.32.y - this is the previous "longterm" kernel release. It is
approaching it's end-of-life, and I think I only have
another month or so doing releases of this. After I am
finished with it, it might be picked up by someone else, but
I'm not going to promise anything.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Thomas Bächler

Am 10.01.2012 09:04, schrieb Bernardo Barros:
> Looks like 3.0 is our new LTS
>
> 3.0.y - this is the new "longterm" kernel release, it will be
> maintained for 2 years at the minimum by me.
> 2.6.32.y - this is the previous "longterm" kernel release. It is
> approaching it's end-of-life, and I think I only have
> another month or so doing releases of this. After I am
> finished with it, it might be picked up by someone else, but
> I'm not going to promise anything.

Let's wait that month and switch to 3.0 when Greg actually drops .32
support.