Old 01-10-2012, 03:14 AM
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi

Default Minimum kernel version bump)

On 01/07/2012 02:11 PM, Tom Gundersen wrote:

Hi guys,

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:28 PM, Tom Gundersen<teg@jklm.no> wrote:

I'll fix some minor issues I found (lacking static device nodes) when
I push the next udev-compat release.

Following up on this, I pushed a fix to trunk, and a pkg is available
here:<http://dev.archlinux.org/~tomegun/>. I tested this briefly with
-lts and it seems to work as expected, but more testing would
definitely be nice. There might be that some of these device nodes
should not be added for some reason I'm not familiar with, so please
have a look.

This will be included in udev-176 whenever that is released.

Cheers,

Tom

Anyway, new longterm kernel is 3.0:

From Greg KH:

3.0.y - this is the new "longterm" kernel release, it will be
maintained for 2 years at the minimum by me.
2.6.32.y - this is the previous "longterm" kernel release. It is
approaching it's end-of-life, and I think I only have
another month or so doing releases of this. After I am
finished with it, it might be picked up by someone else, but
I'm not going to promise anything.

http://lkml.org/lkml/2012/1/9/418

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi