Old 01-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Clive Cooper

Default Just thinking out loud...

... I wonder how much work would be involved in compiling ArchLinux to
run on a Raspberry PI?

Clive
--
Infinity: A concept for those who cannot comprehend the big picture.

() Arch Linux - For movers and shakers. ()

Old 01-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Alexandre Ferrando

On 8 January 2012 17:53, Clive Cooper <clive@winpe.com> wrote:

> ... I wonder how much work would be involved in compiling ArchLinux to
> run on a Raspberry PI?
>
> Clive
> --
> Infinity: A concept for those who cannot comprehend the big picture.
>
> () Arch Linux - For movers and shakers. ()

Building everything for ARM.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Axilleas P

http://archlinuxarm.org/
--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:02 PM
Bartłomiej Piotrowski

http://archlinuxarm.org/

--
Bartłomiej Piotrowski
Arch Linux Trusted User

Old 01-08-2012, 04:08 PM
slubman

On Sunday 08 January 2012 19:00:44 Axilleas P wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Clive Cooper <clive@winpe.com> wrote:
> > ... I wonder how much work would be involved in compiling ArchLinux to
> > run on a Raspberry PI?
> >
> > Clive
> > --
> > Infinity: A concept for those who cannot comprehend the big picture.
> >
> > () Arch Linux - For movers and shakers. ()
>
> http://archlinuxarm.org/

There is even a post on the forum to talk about it:
http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1111

Old 01-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Axilleas P

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM, slubman <lists@slubman.info> wrote:

> On Sunday 08 January 2012 19:00:44 Axilleas P wrote:
> > On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Clive Cooper <clive@winpe.com> wrote:
> > > ... I wonder how much work would be involved in compiling ArchLinux to
> > > run on a Raspberry PI?
> > >
> > > Clive
> > > --
> > > Infinity: A concept for those who cannot comprehend the big picture.
> > >
> > > () Arch Linux - For movers and shakers. ()
> >
> > http://archlinuxarm.org/
>
> There is even a post on the forum to talk about it:
> http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1111

I was about to post that.

Old 01-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Axilleas P

On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Axilleas P <markeleas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 8, 2012 at 7:08 PM, slubman <lists@slubman.info> wrote:

>> > http://archlinuxarm.org/
>>
>> There is even a post on the forum to talk about it:
>> http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1111
>>

> I was about to post that.
>
> --
> (\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
> (0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.
> (> <) come join the dark side.
> /_|_ (we have cookies.)

There is even a topic on rasperrypi forum by a member of archlinuxarm.org
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/distributions/archlinuxarm-on-raspberry-pi

Old 01-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Magnus Therning

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 04:53:36PM +0000, Clive Cooper wrote:
> ... I wonder how much work would be involved in compiling ArchLinux
> to run on a Raspberry PI?

I suspect the hardest part will actually be to get your hands on the
HW :-) It's a lovely piece of kit, can't wait until it's "properly"
available.

I'm considering building myself a little media centre, and I'd love to
base it on ARM. Raspberry Pi looks like an excellent fit, but it's
not likely to be readily available for a while. The other possibility
I've found, Cubox[^1], is only available for pre-order at the moment.
I so far haven't had time to research other possibilities for more
home-grown systems, but it looks like I'll have to unless I settle for
waiting a while longer.

/M

[^1]: http://www.solid-run.com/

--
Magnus Therning OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus@therning.org jabber: magnus@therning.org

I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I did not have
C++ in mind.
-- Alan Kay