Old 01-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Squall Lionheart

Default What package owns shread

Hello,

I have been trying to figure out what package installs the gnu shread
program and have had no luck. Pacman doesn't seem to know either and I was
hoping someone here might know. If their is another way of looking this
up, I would be interested to know as well.

$ pacman -Qo shread
error: No package owns /usr/local/bin/shread

Thank you

--
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.

Headmaster Squall :: The Wired/Section-9
Close the world txen eht nepo
$3R14L 3XP3R1M3NT$ #L41N
http://twitter.com/headmastersqual

Old 01-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Sven-Hendrik Haase

On 06.01.2012 18:42, Squall Lionheart wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to figure out what package installs the gnu shread
> program and have had no luck. Pacman doesn't seem to know either and I was
> hoping someone here might know. If their is another way of looking this
> up, I would be interested to know as well.
>
> $ pacman -Qo shread
> error: No package owns /usr/local/bin/shread
>

> Thank you

We have no packages that install to /usr/local/ that I know of. You
installed it there yourself using make install.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Kwpolska

On Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 6:42 PM, Squall Lionheart
<headmastersquall@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to figure out what package installs the gnu shread
> program and have had no luck. *Pacman doesn't seem to know either and I was
> hoping someone here might know. *If their is another way of looking this
> up, I would be interested to know as well.
>
> $ pacman -Qo shread
> error: No package owns /usr/local/bin/shread
>

> Thank you
>
> --
> Yesterday is history.
> Tomorrow is a mystery.
> Today is a gift.
> That's why its called the present.
>
> Headmaster Squall :: The Wired/Section-9
> Close the world *txen eht nepo
> $3R14L 3XP3R1M3NT$ #L41N
> http://twitter.com/headmastersqual

It sits in /usr/local/bin, that means it was installed by hand, either
by you or someone else who has admin rights to this machine (it may
have been an app, too)

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail * * *| always bottom-post

Old 01-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Scott Lawrence

coreutils owns /bin/shread, but you seem to have your own local copy.

--
Scott Lawrence

Old 01-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Jari Vetoniemi

Do you mean shred?
Never heard of shread..

Anyways shred is part of coreutils.
You should install pkgtools btw, it contains pkgfile which lets you
know what package provides.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:57 PM
Squall Lionheart

> Do you mean shred?
> Never heard of shread..

Yes I did, I found that I was just typing it wrong and the "shread" that I
have on my system is something I wrote a long time ago and it confused me.
Sorry for the noise and thanks for your help.