Old 01-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Ralf Madorf

Default Proprietary nvidia driver for kernel-ARCH and kernel-rt

Hi

regarding to the rt issues I followed the explanations at
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=12132 .
I still get an issues with
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=32908 .
It's not only the described problem. If I boot 3.1.7-1-Arch I get
"nvidia: version magic '3.0-rt' should be '3.1.7-1-ARCH'" and if I boot
3.0-rt I get "WARNING: GDMDisplay[snip]", both times X doesn't start.
FWIW I build a regular AUR kernel-rt.

Is there a way to fix this [1]?

Ciao!

Ralf

[1]
[spinymouse@archlinux nvidia-all]$ makepkg -s
==> Making package: nvidia-all 290.10-1 (Fri Jan 6 08:32:51 CET 2012)
==> Found 2 kernels
==> Working on the kernel: 3.0-rt
-> Building module...
==> Working on the kernel: 3.1.7-1-ARCH
-> Building module...

[root@archlinux nvidia-all]# pacman -U
nvidia-all-290.10-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
nvidia-utils-290.10-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz
Proceed with installation? [Y/n]
(2/2) checking package integrity
(2/2) checking for file conflicts
(1/1) removing nvidia
(1/2) upgrading nvidia-utils
(2/2) installing nvidia-all
error: command failed to execute correctly

[root@archlinux nvidia-all]# ls /lib/modules
3.0-rt 3.1.7-1-ARCH extramodules- extramodules-3.1-ARCH

[root@archlinux nvidia-all]#
mv /lib/modules/extramodules- /lib/modules/extramodules-3.0-rt

Old 01-06-2012, 09:17 AM
"Ralf Mardorf"