Old 01-05-2012, 02:26 PM
Thomas Bächler

Default linux-api-headers in core is 3.1.5 while linux is 3.1.6

Am 05.01.2012 16:01, schrieb Alex Ferrando:
> Right now I've noticed the following:
>
> linux-api-headers 3.1.6-1
> linux 3.1.7-1
>
> Maybe is my little understanding of the situation, but isn't
> linux-api-headers behind what it (appears to me that it) should be?
>
> I apologize in advance if the question turns to be dumb or something
> like that.

The linux-api-headers package is entirely unrelated to the running or
installed kernel. It contains the headers that give glibc the API to the
Linux kernel, and must never (NEVER NEVER NEVER) be different from the
version that glibc was built against.

Please, someone give me a cent for every time this question is asked.

Old 01-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Smith Dhumbumroong

Please, someone give me a cent for every time this question is asked.
If I ever go to Germany, I'll buy you enough beers to last you through
the night. :P

Old 01-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Allan McRae

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=955909