Old 01-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Göran Gustafsson

Default Need a little help getting started with contributing

Hello everyone!

I got a few small patches related to esthetical issues that i would like
to send upstream so everyone else can enjoy them. I'm a little bit lost
on how i should do this.

The packages i've edited is initscripts, mkinitcpio and filesystem. When
it comes to initscripts and mkinitcpio i've just cloned the git
repositories but i'm not sure how i should send the commits upstream.
git push doesn't work since i don't have the right permissions. I've
only used github to send pull request before so i'm not that confident
in git yet. Can i do the same thing with just the git command?

Also, does the filesystem package have a git repository i can use too?

Any help getting started would gladly be appreciated!