Old 01-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Lars Madson

Default System a bit broken pacman -Syu exists in filesystem

Hi,

My system has two hard drive, one SSD with / and /home/user on two
partitions and a HDD mounted on /opt and /var.

The HDD failed, and the system works with only the SSD as it was installed
like this and then extended to the HDD.

Only 3 or 4 weeks of update make a difference between the content of /var
and /opt on the SSD and the HDD.

Now I'm performing an upgrade of the whole system to get back to normal but
all files in /usr are making conflict as the /opt and /var are older and
trying to install files that are already there.

So I could - but it seems really painful - rename all the conflicting files
(they are a lot), if anyone as an idea how to automatize this. Or maybe I
would love some kind of option in pacman that would overwrite or ignore
those conflicts, I know that's against how pacman is build so I'm asking
here.

Hope I make sens.

thx
Laurent

Old 01-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Leonid Isaev

On Wed, 4 Jan 2012 20:23:35 +0100
Lars Madson <rwx700@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My system has two hard drive, one SSD with / and /home/user on two
> partitions and a HDD mounted on /opt and /var.
>
> The HDD failed, and the system works with only the SSD as it was installed
> like this and then extended to the HDD.
>
> Only 3 or 4 weeks of update make a difference between the content of /var
> and /opt on the SSD and the HDD.
>
> Now I'm performing an upgrade of the whole system to get back to normal but
> all files in /usr are making conflict as the /opt and /var are older and
> trying to install files that are already there.
>
> So I could - but it seems really painful - rename all the conflicting files
> (they are a lot), if anyone as an idea how to automatize this. Or maybe I
> would love some kind of option in pacman that would overwrite or ignore
> those conflicts, I know that's against how pacman is build so I'm asking
> here.
>
> Hope I make sens.
>
> thx
> Laurent

You could use the -f option but I wonder if this is more troublesome and
time-consuming than a simple reinstall.

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key ID: 164B5A6D