Old 01-04-2012, 03:32 PM
gt

Default archiso rebuild

Hello folks

I was wondering if there is a way to rebuild a custom live disc, using
archiso, without having to download all the packages over again.

The problem is that after making a few changes to the configuration,
mainly inside root-image directory, i want to rebuild the iso.

But, running build.sh says that everything is up-to-date. Alternatively,
i tried removing the root squashfs file, and ran build.sh again. But, it
started downloading ~500MB of packages all over again

I'll probably have to do some more fine tuning before finalising the
iso, and i don't want this to repeat itself.

Please help.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Jonathan Vasquez

On Jan 4, 2012 11:32 AM, "gt" <codered12@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello folks
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to rebuild a custom live disc, using
> archiso, without having to download all the packages over again.
>
> The problem is that after making a few changes to the configuration,
> mainly inside root-image directory, i want to rebuild the iso.
>
> But, running build.sh says that everything is up-to-date. Alternatively,
> i tried removing the root squashfs file, and ran build.sh again. But, it
> started downloading ~500MB of packages all over again
>
> I'll probably have to do some more fine tuning before finalising the
> iso, and i don't want this to repeat itself.
>
> Please help.
>
> --
> O< ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail - www.asciiribbon.org

I don't know how to rebuild the ISO, but for the meantime, you could back
up your

/var/cache/pacman/pkg

dir, since that is where your packages are stored. I hope that helps from
not having to redownload 500 MB again.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 04.01.2012 17:32, schrieb gt:
> Hello folks
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to rebuild a custom live disc, using
> archiso, without having to download all the packages over again.
>
> The problem is that after making a few changes to the configuration,
> mainly inside root-image directory, i want to rebuild the iso.
>
> But, running build.sh says that everything is up-to-date. Alternatively,
> i tried removing the root squashfs file, and ran build.sh again. But, it
> started downloading ~500MB of packages all over again
>
> I'll probably have to do some more fine tuning before finalising the
> iso, and i don't want this to repeat itself.
>
> Please help.

In the official builds, the downloaded packages are always reused. I am
not intimitely familiar with the internals of archiso - you could
subscribe to the arch-releng list and post there, at least Gerardo reads
that list and will likely reply.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:59 AM
gt

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 11:05:25PM +0100, Thomas Bächler wrote:
> In the official builds, the downloaded packages are always reused. I am
> not intimitely familiar with the internals of archiso - you could
> subscribe to the arch-releng list and post there, at least Gerardo reads
> that list and will likely reply.

Thanks, i'll do that.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:16 AM
gt

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 03:24:17PM -0500, Jonathan Vasquez wrote:
> I don't know how to rebuild the ISO, but for the meantime, you could back
> up your
>
> /var/cache/pacman/pkg
>
> dir, since that is where your packages are stored. I hope that helps from
> not having to redownload 500 MB again.

Hmm.. I can try that too. But i'll confirm at arch-releng nevertheless.

Thanks