Old 01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Fabio Mancinelli

Default Suspend seems not to work with nVidia Nouveau driver

Hi everybody,

I switched from nVidia proprietary drivers, that had some window
redrawing issues, to nouveau.

This fixed the redrawing issues but made my laptop start to freeze on
suspend (with the proprietary driver, suspend worked without any
issues)

I looked at the log in /var/log/ but everything seems to be ok.

Could you suggest me how can I debug and understand what's going on
and why suspend stopped to work?

Thanks,
Fabio

P.S.: When I say "freeze" I mean that the system switches to text
mode, and the cursor appears in the top left corner (without
blinking). Everything is blocked and I have to hard-poweroff the
laptop and restart it.

P.P.S.: Here it is some configuration data:

# uname -a
Linux nemesis 3.1.6-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Dec 22 09:11:48 CET 2011
x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

# pacman -Q | grep nouveau
nouveau-dri 7.11.2-1
xf86-video-nouveau 0.0.16_git20110829-1

# lspci | grep VGA
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation GT216 [GeForce
GT 330M] (rev a2)

Old 01-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Alex Ferrando