Old 01-02-2012, 12:35 AM
adrian sun

Default cant run adb on arch64

Hi arch guys,

Happy new year!
I tried to develop android software on arch64. I followed steps in arch
wiki, and replaced
base-devel to multilib-devel. But I still cant run adb on my laptop.

[adrian@myhost platform-tools]$ ./adb
./adb: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open

How to solve this problem?
Thanks.

Adrian

Old 01-02-2012, 12:39 AM
Jesse Juhani Jaara

Did you install the dev tools trought AUR package?
> ./adb: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open
Would indicate that you are simplky missing the ncurses or lib32-ncurses pkg
if adb is 32-bi executable

Old 01-02-2012, 12:40 AM
adrian sun

BTW, It is easy to solve this problem by use
$ apt-get install ia32-libs in Ubuntu.
Is there same easy method like this in Arch?

Thanks.
Adrian.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:47 AM
adrian sun

I install sdk through android developer website. It works after I install
lib32-ncurses pkg.
Thanks a lot

Old 01-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Allan McRae

On 02/01/12 11:35, adrian sun wrote:
> Hi arch guys,
>
> Happy new year!
> I tried to develop android software on arch64. I followed steps in arch
> wiki, and replaced
> base-devel to multilib-devel. But I still cant run adb on my laptop.
>
> [adrian@myhost platform-tools]$ ./adb
> ./adb: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.5: cannot open
>
> How to solve this problem?
> Thanks.
>
> Adrian

Install the needed package... I'm not nice enough to point out which
one given it is quite obvious from the error message.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:56 AM
Jesse Juhani Jaara

You should never do anything like that in Arch. ALWAYS use the PKGBUILD, when
it might save you a a hell of lot time, wich might othervice go into all sorts
of tinkering, expecially when installing binary only stuff. You are going to
run into all sorts of problems with that thing in future and people are sure
gonna get angry cuz you complain about stuff not working but they cannot
understand why, just becouse you used unoffical method.

Read the Arch Linux Wiki, it is a ral tresure cave. Expecially read the page
about AUR.

1: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR
2: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Android

PS: Top posting is not really liked here in Arch forums, so remeber to write
your replys under the old message.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:03 AM
Jonathan Vasquez

On Jan 1, 2012 8:56 PM, "Jesse Juhani Jaara" <jesse.jaara@gmail.com> wrote:

> You should never do anything like that in Arch. ALWAYS use the PKGBUILD,
when
> it might save you a a hell of lot time, wich might othervice go into all
sorts
> of tinkering, expecially when installing binary only stuff. You are going
> run into all sorts of problems with that thing in future and people are
sure
> gonna get angry cuz you complain about stuff not working but they cannot
> understand why, just becouse you used unoffical method.
>
> Read the Arch Linux Wiki, it is a ral tresure cave. Expecially read the
page
> about AUR.
>
> 1: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR
> 2: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Android
>
> PS: Top posting is not really liked here in Arch forums, so remeber to
write
> your replys under the old message.

Are you speaking about developing Android applications or more of compiling
AOSP? If its the latter it might not be so easy. Primarily because Android
requires older versions of GCC, Python, and Java 6 Sun. Arch is rolling
release so that will definitely be a stopper.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanasis Georgiou

On 2 January 2012 03:47, adrian sun <adriansunny0615@gmail.com> wrote:
> I install sdk through android developer website. It works after I install
> lib32-ncurses pkg.
> Thanks a lot *

Good thing it works for you. Also, you can try installing these from
AUR [1][2][3]. It could save you a lot of time, install dependencies
automatically and it will be easy to update/uninstall.

Thanasis Georgiou