Old 12-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Heiko Baums

Default Using the new 'extramodules' directory in linux-* packages

Am Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:12:53 -0500
schrieb Jonathan Vasquez <jvasquez1011@gmail.com>:

> Hmm I always reply in a top post way since I see it as a faster way
> to get the answer from the person without having to continuously
> scroll down. Also the quoted text (below the post) is history. It is
> only Hmm I always reply in a top post way since I see it as a faster
> way to get the answer from the person without having to continuously
> scroll down. Also the quoted text (below the post) is history.

Full quotes are as bad as top posts.

An e-mail doesn't need to and shouldn't contain the full correspondence
history. It just shall contain the quotes to which the answer refers.

http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote

This way it's not necesary to always scroll down pages.

Heiko

Old 12-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Heiko Baums

Am Thu, 29 Dec 2011 15:56:21 -0500
schrieb Jonathan Vasquez <jvasquez1011@gmail.com>:

> You are correct. I just let my email application automatically handle
> the quoting.

E-mail applications, particularly Google Mail, don't always follow the
common standards. So if Google Mail doesn't respect the Netiquette and
the common internet standards, you should interfere and refinish what
it does automatically or use an e-mail application which do respect
the standards. It's pretty easy.

Automation is not always the best way of handling things, not even in
the IT. And Google is not always the best company, not even their
search engine.

Heiko

Old 12-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Heiko Baums

Am Fri, 30 Dec 2011 07:55:19 +0800
schrieb Oon-Ee Ng <ngoonee.talk@gmail.com>:

> While top-posting discussions are interesting and all, I'd really
> prefer an answer to my initial query on extramodules

> /lib/modules/3.1.*-*-ARCH/extramodules rather than in
> /lib/modules/extramodules-3.1.*-*-ARCH

I would prefer the second one, because the first one is a symlink to the
second one. So I guess the official path is the second one. And the
second patch isn't changed with every minor kernel update.

Heiko