Old 12-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Ionut Biru

Default Is there a clean solution to get completely rid of Pulseaudio?

On 12/23/2011 10:41 AM, Ralf Madorf wrote:
> Hi
>
> people told me that Arch Linux will not force me to install PA. Today I
> continued to set up my Arch Linux. A cold still hinder me to work very
> long on my computer, so until now Google didn't help me to find an easy
> solution to get rid of PA. Arch Linux on my machine does force me to
> install PA to keep the system consistent.

can you clarify that you are talking about pulseaudio and not about
libpulse?

--
IonuČ›

Old 12-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Ralf Madorf

On Fri, 2011-12-23 at 11:17 +0200, Ionut Biru wrote:
> can you clarify that you are talking about pulseaudio and not about
> libpulse?

# pacman -Rss pulseaudio
checking dependencies...
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: gnome-settings-daemon: requires pulseaudio
:: pulseaudio-alsa: requires pulseaudio

Old 12-23-2011, 08:27 AM
Ionut Biru

On 12/23/2011 11:25 AM, Ralf Madorf wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-12-23 at 11:17 +0200, Ionut Biru wrote:
>> can you clarify that you are talking about pulseaudio and not about
>> libpulse?
>
> # pacman -Rss pulseaudio
> checking dependencies...
> error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
> :: gnome-settings-daemon: requires pulseaudio
> :: pulseaudio-alsa: requires pulseaudio

ok then, gnome requires pulseaudio. The only way to get rid of
pulseaudio is to get rid of gnome.

--
IonuČ›