Old 12-21-2011, 01:47 PM
Karol Blazewicz

Default Pacman: Installing a group that has the same name as a package?

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> wrote:
> sudo pacman -Sg systemd

sudo pacman -S $(pacman -Sg systemd)

https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/25483

Old 12-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Cédric Girard

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org>wrote:

> There is a package named "systemd", there is also a group named
> "systemd". How do I install the group with pacman? It keeps on
> offering me the package only:

Have a look at this thread on the exact same subject:
https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2011-April/019670.html

Cédric Girard

Old 12-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Magnus Therning

2011/12/21 Cédric Girard <girard.cedric@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org>wrote:
>

>> There is a package named "systemd", there is also a group named
>> "systemd". *How do I install the group with pacman? *It keeps on
>> offering me the package only:
>

> Have a look at this thread on the exact same subject:
> https://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2011-April/019670.html

Thanks, and now that I have there still is no answer except to install
all the packages of the group explicitly (which can be aided by bash).

I resorted to a feature request: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/27660

/M

--
Magnus Therning * * * * * * * * * * *OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus@therning.org * jabber: magnus@therning.org