Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 AM
Magnus Therning

Default Accented characters in X terminal? (Solved)

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:51, Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 21:07, Mauro Santos <registo.mailling@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> Thinking better about it, check your pacman logs for any font updates
>> and try setting the terminal emulator to use a different font, maybe to
>> a font that renders properly in other places like a text editor.
>
> There is nothing that stands out, and changing the font doesn't
> improve things at all
>
> I also tried logging into Gnome3 (using GDM) and then I do get the
> accented characters, in both lxterminal and gnome-terminal.
>
> /M

I'm not sure why, but the locale wasn't set properly by lxdm. I added the line

export LANG=sv_SE.utf8

into ~/.xprofile to make sure it was set before lxsession is invoked
and now everything is fine again.

/M

--
Magnus Therning * * * * * * * * * * *OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4
email: magnus@therning.org * jabber: magnus@therning.org