Old 12-13-2011, 10:40 PM
Grant McDuling

Default How do I uncomment a locale?

Hi, I am busy installing Arch core and am stuck at configuring the locale-gen part of the process. I am asked to uncomment the locales I need. Does this mean to delete them? There is a long list of them and I presume I need to delete all except the Australian ones (in my case). Do I simply delete them from this screen?

Grant McDuling
Writer

http://www.amazon.com/Grant-McDuling/e/B004UTH35M

Old 12-13-2011, 10:43 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 12:40 AM, Grant McDuling
<mcduling@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi, I am busy installing Arch core and am stuck at configuring the locale-gen part of the process. I am asked to uncomment the locales I need. Does this mean to delete them? There is a long list of them and I presume I need to delete all except the Australian ones (in my case). Do I simply delete them from this screen?

'#' at the beginning of the line indicates a comment

# commented
# commented
# commented
uncommented
# commented

Simply edit the file and remove '#' from the lines you need.

Old 12-13-2011, 10:45 PM
Nicholas MIller

remove the # from the start of the line you want to use