Old 12-10-2011, 11:15 AM
Karol Babioch

Default partition sizes and filesystems ( Install Arch instages?)

Hi,

Am 10.12.2011 06:07, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> Since I lost data, I got the impression that tools such as extundelete don't work proper to recover deleted data from ext4. I switched back to ext3, while I'm unsure that the tools would work better, the Internet information, perhaps outdated, claims that recovering data from ext3 would be more safe using several tools.

According to the website of extundelete it does also support ext4. But
you can't judge a filesystem by some tools, which claim to do some sort
of undeleting, can you?

If you loose data on a regular basis that way, you're definitely doing
something wrong. Get some sort of automated backup solution and don't
delete files you could have a need for in the future .

Best regards,
Karol Babioch