Old 12-09-2011, 11:14 PM
Nicolás Adamo

Default KDE Debugging

Does anybody know how to make a good bug repport using the inbuilt KDE
Bug Tool? It launches whenever a bug occurs, but if I try to complete
the bug fill (or report) it says the information is useless... Arch
doesn't have a package specific for KDE Debugging, so I wanted to know
if anybody makes bug reports and how.

BTW, I'm sure the bug is related to KMix, the tray icon for the
mixer/sound control. It launches at boot, but for some reason it closes.
Then it restarts fine, but the "kdedaemon closed unexpectedly" message
window was already launched, waiting for me to fill the bug report
(which I can not because of the lack of enough debugging tools)

Thanks,

Nicolás

Old 12-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Marek Otahal

Hi,

On Friday 09 of December 2011 21:14:20 =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Nicol�= Adamo wrote:
> Does anybody know how to make a good bug repport using the inbuilt KDE
> Bug Tool? It launches whenever a bug occurs, but if I try to complete
> the bug fill (or report) it says the information is useless... Arch
> doesn't have a package specific for KDE Debugging, so I wanted to know
> if anybody makes bug reports and how.
It's not about a missing debugging program, but you would need kde built with debug symbols. Try to find
packages with -debug or something alike in name. Not sure if arch has them prebuild though.

Of course you can fill a bug by hand and describe as much details as possible. Have a look at bugzilla,
maybe somebody already reported that.

Cheers,

--

Marek Otahal )

Old 12-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Peter Lewis

On Saturday 10 Dec 2011 12:17:59 Marek Otahal wrote:
> It's not about a missing debugging program, but you would need kde built
> with debug symbols. Try to find packages with -debug or something alike in
> name. Not sure if arch has them prebuild though.

No, you need to rebuild the relevant packages with debugging symbols included.

Pete.