Old 12-09-2011, 12:16 PM
"Alessio 'Blaster' Biancalana"

Default end of the war! Mate has come to archlinux, xfce is the way in?

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <
lenzi.sergio@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will be testing xfce this week on a fresh generated FreeBSD 9.0....

I don't like BSD, especially for modern environments. Linux has a more
modern architecture; I love the system, but i must admit that in 2011 it
isn't efficient anymore. (And BSD has troubles with drivers )

> Why FreeBSD?? because I can build it from ground zero (the OS, the
> shell, the xorg, and finally the xfce)

You can do the same for Arch. What do you mean by 'building from ground
zero'?

> My notebooks are just waiting for the experience, and my girl friend
> hope will not
> kill me (or dump me) for that....

LOL

Salud,
Bl@ster

Old 12-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Jelle van der Waa

On 09/12/11 14:16, Alessio 'Blaster' Biancalana wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi <
> lenzi.sergio@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I will be testing xfce this week on a fresh generated FreeBSD 9.0....
>>

> I don't like BSD, especially for modern environments. Linux has a more
> modern architecture; I love the system, but i must admit that in 2011 it
> isn't efficient anymore. (And BSD has troubles with drivers )
>

>> Why FreeBSD?? because I can build it from ground zero (the OS, the
>> shell, the xorg, and finally the xfce)
>>

> You can do the same for Arch. What do you mean by 'building from ground
> zero'?
>

>> My notebooks are just waiting for the experience, and my girl friend
>> hope will not
>> kill me (or dump me) for that....
>

> LOL
>
> Salud,
> Bl@ster

Can't we discuss this somewhere else, in my opinion this is completely
offtopic. Use whatever DE,Distro,OS you like

If you don't like upstream fork it

--
Jelle van der Waa