Old 12-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Sergio de Almeida Lenzi

Default end of the war! Mate has come to archlinux, xfce is the way in?

Em Sex, 2011-12-09 ąs 12:54 +0100, Alessio 'Blaster' Biancalana
escreveu:

> On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 12:26 PM, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists@yahoo.co.uk>wrote:
> >
> > Will that effect xfce-gnome compatibility?
> >

> I believe so.
> But XFCE developers will fix that in time for the next release; I believe
> they're waiting for this right now to be ready to patch softwares in the
> last chunk of development cycle for 4.10.
>
> By the way, XFCE 4.10 will hopefully include some neat features from GNOME
> 2.3x aiming to be a successor and a safe choice for GNOME 2.x refugees.
> Just previsions
>
> Salud,
> Bl@ster

Thank you...
I will be testing xfce this week on a fresh generated FreeBSD 9.0....

Why FreeBSD?? because I can build it from ground zero (the OS, the
shell, the xorg, and finally the xfce)
about 20 hours of unattended built, and I will evaluate it

after I will compare with the Archlinux build and watch for the
differences....

My notebooks are just waiting for the experience, and my girl friend
hope will not
kill me (or dump me) for that....

[]

Sergio