Old 12-08-2011, 11:18 PM
Sergio de Almeida Lenzi

Default Back to archlinux..

Em Qui, 2011-12-08 às 17:37 -0300, Angel Velásquez escreveu:

> Good for you!, but you can have several DE, or WM in Linux world.
>
> So, eventually, you should "evolve" and not be tied to just one of
> them .
>
> Just my honest opinion.

You are right... I must evolve...

My company, the one I work for, (200+) employees and thousands of
users, must evolve too. We are now testing tablets... 2 brands came
into
the arena: apple's iPad, and of course: Android.. The main use is to
access the
company workhorse using vnc... and leave the personal data on the
tablet.

Seems promising.. as only a few servers runs Archlinux with hundreds of
users
and fxce, or gnome 3.2, and the personal stuff will be kept in the
tablets...

I do not have too much data still, but the few tablets we have put in
test,
seems working very good. Apple is better hardware, but closed, Android
is Linux, is open have better conectivity.. heavy, battery problems...
Apple you build the software in objetive c, Android is java (or a kind
of...).

The only thing that is true is the Archlinux servers, that does not
stops at all...

Thank you Archlinux team for the Great Job...

Sergio