Old 12-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Sergio de Almeida Lenzi

Default end of the war! Mate has come to archlinux...

Hello Archlinux users...
After almost a year without using linux,
I read a news, telling me that the gnome 2 is back,
now there is Mate, in the aur repository...

It is time to celebrate, my notebook will come to live again!!!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:24 PM
"Jeffrey Lynn Parke Jr."

The war was over when people realized that Xfce wasn't so bad. I actually
prefer it to KDE. Even though it would be a hassle to change over.

--
"Breathe Deeply and Dream"

Old 12-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 8:50 PM, Sergio de Almeida Lenzi
<lenzi.sergio@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Archlinux users...
> After almost a year without using linux,
> I read a news, telling me that the gnome 2 is back,
> now there is Mate, in the aur repository...

Just remember it's not supported by Arch devs etc. It has it's own
repo w/ precompiled binaries too, so it's not just in the AUR.
Read the wiki + check out https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=121162