Old 12-08-2011, 07:03 AM
Karol Blazewicz

Default Are the clickandpledge donations actually going to Arch?

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Ionut Biru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 12/08/2011 09:05 AM, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
>> Hi devs/TUs, just to bring the below topic to your attention, it seems
>> clickandpledge.com is accepting donations on behalf of Arch Linux. Am
>> wondering whether its legit.
>>
>> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=131529
>
> It is very legit.
>
> I believe we are going to have a news entry sooner or later.
>
> --
> IonuČ›

I'm not sure If Oon-Ee Ng asked about the legitimacy of the donations:
http://www.archlinux.org/donate/ or about the problems with some
cards. This issue still needs to be looked into.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Oon-Ee Ng

On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM, Karol Blazewicz
<karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Ionut Biru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:
>> On 12/08/2011 09:05 AM, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:
>>> Hi devs/TUs, just to bring the below topic to your attention, it seems
>>> clickandpledge.com is accepting donations on behalf of Arch Linux. Am
>>> wondering whether its legit.
>>>
>>> https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=131529
>>
>> It is very legit.
>>
>> I believe we are going to have a news entry sooner or later.
>>
>> --
>> IonuČ›
>>

> I'm not sure If Oon-Ee Ng asked about the legitimacy of the donations:
> http://www.archlinux.org/donate/ or about the problems with some
> cards. This issue still needs to be looked into.

Thanks Karol but I asked about legitimacy, as I'm sensitive to the
possibility that Arch's name would be used to fleece people. Since
wonder says its legit that settles it for me.