Old 12-03-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanasis Georgiou

Default Xscreensaver is Active on Resume from Manual Suspend

I think this is international so you have to input the password when you
are back. To prevent someone else from accessing the computer. I am not
absolutely sure though.

Old 12-03-2011, 12:28 PM
Mauro Santos

On 03-12-2011 12:06, Bastien Dejean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know why I see xscreensaver when I resume from suspend
> even if I manually suspend.
>
> Greetings,

When you resume, how much time has it been since you suspended? How much
time does it need to pass until xscreensaver locks your screen if the
machine is kept running?

--
Mauro Santos

Old 12-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Mauro Santos

On 03-12-2011 13:45, Bastien Dejean wrote:
> Mauro Santos:
>
>> When you resume, how much time has it been since you suspended? How much
>> time does it need to pass until xscreensaver locks your screen if the
>> machine is kept running?
>
> I see what you mean. xscreensaver thinks it musts activate because it
> wrongly considers the elapsed time as an activity period.
>
> Then, I should automatically send:
>
> xscreensaver-command -deactivate >&- 2>&- &
>
> on resume?

It might work or not, I don't know what takes precedence. After you
resume i guess it will check the time and realize it has been longer
than the defined inactivity period with no activity (it was suspended so
there could be no activity) and lock the screen.

Here I see the same behavior, I have the timeout set to 10 minutes, if I
resume after 10 minutes have passed the screen will be locked, however
if I suspend and resume before 10 minutes have passed the screen will
stay unlocked.

--
Mauro Santos