FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > ArchLinux > ArchLinux General Discussion

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Simon Perry
 
Default libgdbm.so.4 breakage?

Hi all,

I was about to lodge a bug regarding this, but now I'm not sure if it's
something my system is doing or...

Anyway, tonight I needed to RDP to a work box, and both Remmina and
Vinagre both failed to run:

% remmina
remmina: error while loading shared libraries: libgdbm.so.4: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory

% vinagre
vinagre: error while loading shared libraries: libgdbm.so.4: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory

So I wrote some scripts, and discovered the following packages are
expecting this library (see http://pastebin.com/DyWw74iK for the complete
output of my script):

apr-util 1.3.12-3
avahi 0.6.30-6
python2 2.7.2-4
python 3.2.2-2
ruby 1.9.3_p0-2
subversion 1.6.17-7
vinagre 3.2.2-1
zsh 4.3.12-3

After seeing this, I tried svn:

% svn --help
svn: error while loading shared libraries: libgdbm.so.4: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory

Zsh works still, luckily...

I have an entry in pacman.log that says I upgraded gdbm on:

[2011-01-13 19:57] upgraded gdbm (1.8.3-7 -> 1.8.3-8)
[2011-11-07 01:00] upgraded gdbm (1.8.3-8 -> 1.8.3-9)

The reason I haven't lodged an FS is because I downgraded to gdbm
1.8.3-8 (from Janurary!) and it doesn't have libgdbm.so.4 either, so
I'm not sure if there's something weird on my system or what. I'm
confused and astonished that I haven't noticed it until tonight.

"pacman -Ql gdbm" clearly states no reference to libgdbm.so.4, just
libgdbm.so.3 ...

Halp... Multipass...

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)
 
Old 11-30-2011, 09:10 AM
Ionut Biru
 
Default libgdbm.so.4 breakage?

On 11/30/2011 12:09 PM, Simon Perry wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was about to lodge a bug regarding this, but now I'm not sure if it's
> something my system is doing or...
>
> Anyway, tonight I needed to RDP to a work box, and both Remmina and
> Vinagre both failed to run:
>
> % remmina
> remmina: error while loading shared libraries: libgdbm.so.4: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> % vinagre
> vinagre: error while loading shared libraries: libgdbm.so.4: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> So I wrote some scripts, and discovered the following packages are
> expecting this library (see http://pastebin.com/DyWw74iK for the complete
> output of my script):
>
> apr-util 1.3.12-3
> avahi 0.6.30-6
> python2 2.7.2-4
> python 3.2.2-2
> ruby 1.9.3_p0-2
> subversion 1.6.17-7
> vinagre 3.2.2-1
> zsh 4.3.12-3
>
> After seeing this, I tried svn:
>
> % svn --help
> svn: error while loading shared libraries: libgdbm.so.4: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory
>
> Zsh works still, luckily...
>
> I have an entry in pacman.log that says I upgraded gdbm on:
>
> [2011-01-13 19:57] upgraded gdbm (1.8.3-7 -> 1.8.3-8)
> [2011-11-07 01:00] upgraded gdbm (1.8.3-8 -> 1.8.3-9)
>
> The reason I haven't lodged an FS is because I downgraded to gdbm
> 1.8.3-8 (from Janurary!) and it doesn't have libgdbm.so.4 either, so
> I'm not sure if there's something weird on my system or what. I'm
> confused and astonished that I haven't noticed it until tonight.
>
> "pacman -Ql gdbm" clearly states no reference to libgdbm.so.4, just
> libgdbm.so.3 ...
>
> Halp... Multipass...
>


have you tried pacman -Syu ?

--
Ionu╚Ť
 
Old 11-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Simon Perry
 
Default libgdbm.so.4 breakage?

On 30/11/11, Ionut Biru wrote:

| have you tried pacman -Syu ?

Twice a day normally...

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)
 
Old 11-30-2011, 09:16 AM
Ionut Biru
 
Default libgdbm.so.4 breakage?

On 11/30/2011 12:13 PM, Simon Perry wrote:
> On 30/11/11, Ionut Biru wrote:
>
> | have you tried pacman -Syu ?
>
> Twice a day normally...
>

do it again.

gdbm 1.10 is in core.

--
Ionu╚Ť
 
Old 11-30-2011, 09:33 AM
Simon Perry
 
Default libgdbm.so.4 breakage?

On 30/11/11, Ionut Biru wrote:

| do it again.
|
| gdbm 1.10 is in core.

This must have only just gone to core, I upgraded to the 3.1.3 kernel this
morning...

The Aussie AARNet mirror is always pretty up-to-date.

I'll wait for it to come through to the mirror.

Cheers.

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)
 
Old 11-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Simon Perry
 
Default libgdbm.so.4 breakage?

On 30/11/11, Simon Perry wrote:

| | do it again.
| |
| | gdbm 1.10 is in core.
|
| This must have only just gone to core, I upgraded to the 3.1.3 kernel this
| morning...
|
| The Aussie AARNet mirror is always pretty up-to-date.
|
| I'll wait for it to come through to the mirror.
|
| Cheers.

It's now been 3 hours, and I've tried even the most up-to-date mirrors.

Core has not updated on any mirror I've tried.

http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/archlinux/
ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/archlinux/

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)
 
Old 11-30-2011, 12:43 PM
CÚdric Girard
 
Default libgdbm.so.4 breakage?

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Simon Perry wrote:

> On 30/11/11, Simon Perry wrote:
>
> | | do it again.
> | |
> | | gdbm 1.10 is in core.
> |
> | This must have only just gone to core, I upgraded to the 3.1.3 kernel
> this
> | morning...
> |
> | The Aussie AARNet mirror is always pretty up-to-date.
> |
> | I'll wait for it to come through to the mirror.
> |
> | Cheers.
>
> It's now been 3 hours, and I've tried even the most up-to-date mirrors.
>
> Core has not updated on any mirror I've tried.
>
> http://mirrors.us.kernel.org/archlinux/
> ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/
> http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/archlinux/
>
>
Strange, the file is there, at least on mirrors.us.kernel.org.

I'm using http://mir.archlinux.fr and gdbm has been updated when I did Syu
a few hours ago.

--
CÚdric Girard
 
Old 11-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Simon Perry
 
Default libgdbm.so.4 breakage?

On 30/11/11, CÚdric Girard wrote:

| Strange, the file is there, at least on mirrors.us.kernel.org.
|
| I'm using http://mir.archlinux.fr and gdbm has been updated when I did Syu
| a few hours ago.
|
| --
| CÚdric Girard

You are correct, the package is on the mirror:

gdbm-1.10-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz 19-Nov-2011 00:37 81K

I'm assuming these also need to be updated:

core.files.tar.gz 29-Nov-2011 13:33 453K
core.files 29-Nov-2011 13:33 453K
core.db.tar.gz 29-Nov-2011 13:33 102K
core.db 29-Nov-2011 13:33 102K

This is on mirrors.us.kernel.org.

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)
 
Old 11-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Simon Perry
 
Default libgdbm.so.4 breakage?

On 30/11/11, CÚdric Girard wrote:

| I'm using http://mir.archlinux.fr and gdbm has been updated when I did Syu
| a few hours ago.

Also, after changing my mirror to mir.archlinux.fr:

% sudo pacman -Syu
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core is up to date
extra is up to date
community 906.8K 154.2K/s 00:00:06 [########] 100%
multilib is up to date
:: Starting full system upgrade...
there is nothing to do

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)
 
Old 11-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Simon Perry
 
Default libgdbm.so.4 breakage?

On 01/12/11, Simon Perry wrote:

| % sudo pacman -Syu
| :: Synchronizing package databases...
| core is up to date
| extra is up to date
| community 906.8K 154.2K/s 00:00:06 [########] 100%
| multilib is up to date
| :: Starting full system upgrade...
| there is nothing to do

Fixed:

% rm /var/lib/pacman/sync/core.db
% pacman -Syu

Not sure why or how, but something was preventing core.db from syncing.

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ę2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org