Old 11-27-2011, 09:34 PM
"Jonathan E. Brickman"

Default No FFMPEG/LibAV for Audacity?

I tried every combination of repo and AUR versions of Audacity, FFMPEG,
and LibAV libraries, and I was not able to find a way to give Audacity
the file named libavformat.so.52 which it wants to much. So far as I
have been able to tell, all of the versions of FFMPEG and LibAV either
don't compile or produce libavformat.so.53, which the available versions
of Audacity won't touch.

Anyone have a solution? I would try Ubuntu deb's, but I am concerned
with introducing more conflicts instead of eliminating just one!

--
Jonathan E. Brickman
/Ponderworthy Music/ <http://ponderworthy.com>

Old 11-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Ionut Biru

On 11/28/2011 12:34 AM, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> I tried every combination of repo and AUR versions of Audacity, FFMPEG,
> and LibAV libraries, and I was not able to find a way to give Audacity
> the file named libavformat.so.52 which it wants to much. So far as I
> have been able to tell, all of the versions of FFMPEG and LibAV either
> don't compile or produce libavformat.so.53, which the available versions
> of Audacity won't touch.
>
> Anyone have a solution? I would try Ubuntu deb's, but I am concerned
> with introducing more conflicts instead of eliminating just one!

have you actually tried to recompile audacity?

--
Ionuț

Old 11-27-2011, 09:46 PM
"Jonathan E. Brickman"

Yes, via AUR. The AUR version recompiled fine, but in the preferences
when run, it says that it is compiled without FFMPEG support.

J.E.B.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Ionut Biru

On 11/28/2011 12:46 AM, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> Yes, via AUR. The AUR version recompiled fine, but in the preferences
> when run, it says that it is compiled without FFMPEG support.

firstly, stop top posting, you broke the reading flow.

secondly, why audacity from aur?

Is our audacity from extra broken?

From what i see, audacity from extra is compiled using their internal
ffmpeg version.

If you want external ffmpeg, add --with-ffmpeg to configure

Old 11-27-2011, 10:27 PM
"Jonathan E. Brickman"

secondly, why audacity from aur?

Is our audacity from extra broken?

From what i see, audacity from extra is compiled using their internal
ffmpeg version.
I have Audacity from extra, audacity-1.3.13-1. I attempt to export to
WMA, and it states that I need an FFMPEG library configured in
preferences. I check preferences, and it's not configured, and it
demands libavformat.so.52, which does not appear to be available at all.

J.E.B.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Eric Blanger

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Jonathan E. Brickman
<jeb@ponderworthy.com> wrote:
> I tried every combination of repo and AUR versions of Audacity, FFMPEG, and
> LibAV libraries, and I was not able to find a way to give Audacity the file
> named libavformat.so.52 which it wants to much. *So far as I have been able
> to tell, all of the versions of FFMPEG and LibAV either don't compile or
> produce libavformat.so.53, which the available versions of Audacity won't
> touch.
>
> Anyone have a solution? *I would try Ubuntu deb's, but I am concerned with
> introducing more conflicts instead of eliminating just one!

Fixed in audacity-1.3.13-2. Next time open a bug on the bug tracker.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:15 PM
"Jonathan E. Brickman"

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 5:34 PM, Jonathan E. Brickman
I tried every combination of repo and AUR versions of Audacity, FFMPEG, and
LibAV libraries, and I was not able to find a way to give Audacity the file
named libavformat.so.52 which it wants to much. So far as I have been able
to tell, all of the versions of FFMPEG and LibAV either don't compile or
produce libavformat.so.53, which the available versions of Audacity won't
touch.

Anyone have a solution? I would try Ubuntu deb's, but I am concerned with
introducing more conflicts instead of eliminating just one!

Fixed in audacity-1.3.13-2. Next time open a bug on the bug tracker.

Wow, that was quick. Will do. Thank you, Eric.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Martti Khne

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 04:46:59PM -0600, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> >On 11/28/2011 12:34 AM, Jonathan E. Brickman wrote:
> >>I tried every combination of repo and AUR versions of Audacity, FFMPEG,
> >>and LibAV libraries, and I was not able to find a way to give Audacity
> >>the file named libavformat.so.52 which it wants to much. So far as I
> >>have been able to tell, all of the versions of FFMPEG and LibAV either
> >>don't compile or produce libavformat.so.53, which the available versions
> >>of Audacity won't touch.
> >>
> >>Anyone have a solution? I would try Ubuntu deb's, but I am concerned
> >>with introducing more conflicts instead of eliminating just one!
> >
> >have you actually tried to recompile audacity?
> >

> Yes, via AUR. The AUR version recompiled fine, but in the
> preferences when run, it says that it is compiled without FFMPEG
> support.
>
> J.E.B.

Hey, you could have just pacman -S abs and executed the abs script. Then you
could have copied the directory in /var/abs/extra/audacity to the build folder
in your ~, which is preferably in ~/abs. In said directory there's a PKGBUILD
which lets you rebuild the exact [extra] package yourself. Source [1].

cheers!
mar77i

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ABS