Old 11-15-2011, 09:05 PM
Daniel Hilst Selli

Default Problems with alsamixer after system update

I have made a system update today with pacman -Syu..

After that I'm facing problems with alsamixer.

It works o tty but not on xterm or gnome-terminal

Here is the error:
[geckos@archlinux ~]$ alsamixer
alsamixer: hcontrol.c:574: snd_hctl_load: Assertion
`list_empty(&hctl->elems)' failed.

Aborted

Any idea?

Thanks, []'s

Old 11-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Daniel Hilst Selli

I have made a system update today with pacman -Syu..

After that I'm facing problems with alsamixer.

It works o tty but not on xterm or gnome-terminal

Here is the error:
[geckos@archlinux ~]$ alsamixer
alsamixer: hcontrol.c:574: snd_hctl_load: Assertion
`list_empty(&hctl->elems)' failed.
Aborted

Any idea?

Thanks, []'s

Seems to be between pulseaudio and alsa, because alsamixer -c0 works

[]'s

Old 11-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Daniel Hilst Selli

I have made a system update today with pacman -Syu..

After that I'm facing problems with alsamixer.

It works o tty but not on xterm or gnome-terminal

Here is the error:
[geckos@archlinux ~]$ alsamixer
alsamixer: hcontrol.c:574: snd_hctl_load: Assertion
`list_empty(&hctl->elems)' failed.
Aborted

Seems to be between pulseaudio and alsa, because alsamixer -c0 works

Also, I cant raise volume with amixer, "amixer -c0 -D default sset
Master 2dB+" gives me "amixer: Invalid command!"

[]'s