Old 11-14-2011, 11:37 PM
adrian sun

Default how to give Date&Time root priviledge

Hi all,
I use kde4.7. As the time zone does not set correctly, I tried to change
the timezone as "America/Toronto"
in rc.conf. it did work but the time still not right. So I used date&time
--KDE control module to adjust time,
it said 'System policies prevent you from saving the date/time setting',
and asked me input the password for
root. The authentication failed, I am quite sure the password was correct.
I guess I didn't add time in user group.
Any solution about this?

Thanks a lot.

Adrian

Old 11-15-2011, 12:26 AM
adrian sun

Hi

Sorry to bother, problem solved now. I used wrong command to change root
password.

Adrian