-   -   KDE: shortcut configuration broken (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/595427-kde-shortcut-configuration-broken.html)

Paul Gideon Dann 11-07-2011 09:42 AM

KDE: shortcut configuration broken

On Monday 07 Nov 2011 11:25:08 Alessio 'Blaster' Biancalana wrote:
> Hi archers and KDE users,
> Can I have confirm of a strange behaviour in my KDE?
> I can't open, in KControl (the control center), the shortcut and gestures
> configuration dialog: when i double-click the item, KControl freezes.
> Sometimes the configuration center for shortcuts opens up itself after a
> lot of time.
>
> What's happening? Bug? Other?
> Enlight me please.

It seems to be working OK for me. Do you get any messages if you run
"systemsettings" from a console?

Paul

"Alessio 'Blaster' Biancalana" 11-07-2011 10:40 AM

KDE: shortcut configuration broken

I'm sorry, now it seems to be ok for me too. A reboot, and all is over :)
Kmixer wasn't in its place, and I didn't manage to launch softwares with my
custom shortcuts; now I can.
I will inform you if it happens again, thanks for your feedback!

Bl@ster

Paul Gideon Dann 11-07-2011 10:49 AM

On Monday 07 Nov 2011 12:40:44 Alessio 'Blaster' Biancalana wrote:
> I'm sorry, now it seems to be ok for me too. A reboot, and all is over :)
> Kmixer wasn't in its place, and I didn't manage to launch softwares with my
> custom shortcuts; now I can.
> I will inform you if it happens again, thanks for your feedback!

It sounds like maybe kded4 crashed. If it happens again, try checking to see
if the kded4 process is running. If it is, it might be hanging using 100%
CPU. This has happened to me in the past, and has various side-effects.

You can deal with that with:

# killall kded4 && kded4

Paul

"Alessio 'Blaster' Biancalana" 11-07-2011 11:28 AM

KDE: shortcut configuration broken

Oh I see.
Thanks for the tip Paul! :)

Bl@ster