Old 11-02-2011, 07:39 PM
Alex Ferrando

Default Best way to make makepkg use pacman-color

I've been using pacman-color since a while ago (now pacman-color-testing
as I'm using [testing]) and a few days ago I noticed that pacman-color
is not used by makepkg.

I got curious and started looking for information about a way of doing
makepkg to use pacman-color instead of pacman. However the only way
found is to modify the makepkg script itself, if I'm not wrong editing
the line 2089:

PACMAN=${PACMAN:-pacman}

So now I have some questions about the right way to do this

a) creating a package that conflicts with pacman because of makepkg
being inside the pacman package (not very happy with this idea)

b) creating a package that provides another makepkg script (lets say
makepkg-color) that calls pacman-color instead of pacman

c) something that I'm forgetting

Any advice on this? Right now I'm only considering a package to keep
track of the file and not editing the file because of ( possible ? )
troubles with updates.

Alex

Old 11-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Alex Ferrando

Setting PACMAN=pacman-color in you environment...

I keny I was forgetting something, duh.

Thank you, Allan.

--
Alex

Old 11-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Allan McRae

Setting PACMAN=pacman-color in you environment...

Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Martti Khne

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 09:39:04PM +0100, Alex Ferrando wrote:
<snip>
> I got curious and started looking for information about a way of
> doing makepkg to use pacman-color instead of pacman. However the
> only way found is to modify the makepkg script itself, if I'm not
> wrong editing the line 2089:
>
> PACMAN=${PACMAN:-pacman}

export PACMAN=pacman-color
make sure it's sourced, .bashrc is a convenient place for things like that.
more on default expansion in http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashFAQ/100#Default_or_alternate_values

> c) something that I'm forgetting

yup.

cheers!
mar77i

Old 11-03-2011, 01:27 AM
Yuan

alias pacman='pacman-color' ?
>_>
Best regards
-------------------------
Yuan blog <http://blog.lenage.com/> github <http://github.com/lenage>

Old 11-03-2011, 06:08 AM
Axilleas P

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:27 AM, Yuan <lendage@gmail.com> wrote:
> alias pacman='pacman-color' ?
>>_>
> Best regards
> -------------------------
> Yuan blog <http://blog.lenage.com/> github <http://github.com/lenage>
>

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 4:58 AM, Martti Kühne <mysatyre@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 09:39:04PM +0100, Alex Ferrando wrote:
>> <snip>
>> > I got curious and started looking for information about a way of
>> > doing makepkg to use pacman-color instead of pacman. However the
>> > only way found is to modify the makepkg script itself, if I'm not
>> > wrong editing the line 2089:
>> >
>> > PACMAN=${PACMAN:-pacman}
>>
>> export PACMAN=pacman-color
>> make sure it's sourced, .bashrc is a convenient place for things like that.
>> more on default expansion in
>> http://mywiki.wooledge.org/BashFAQ/100#Default_or_alternate_values
>>
>> > c) something that I'm forgetting
>>
>> yup.
>>
>> cheers!
>> mar77i

That won't work with makepkg.

--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.