Old 10-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Rasmus Steinke

Default zsh and ssh just fills my RAM, not doing anything else

I have a very nasty problem, which started around the time, arch
changed its locale configuration.

i cannot use ssh in a zsh session. All it does is filling my RAM until
the computer stalls.
If i run the very same ssh command in a bash session, all is working
fine.

I tried with blank config files too - here it gets even more odd.
With a blank config file it has the same problem in gnome-terminal, but
suddenly works in urxvt.

This is very annoying, since i dont like bash too much, but i am forced
to use it now.

Also i have absolute NO plan where to start searching for this issue.

Regards, Rasi

Old 10-29-2011, 10:38 AM
Lukáš Jirkovský

On 29 October 2011 11:41, Rasmus Steinke <rasi@xssn.at> wrote:
> I have a very nasty problem, which started around the time, arch changed its
> locale configuration.
>
> i cannot use ssh in a zsh session. All it does is filling my RAM until the
> computer stalls.
> If i run the very same ssh command in a bash session, all is working fine.
>
> I tried with blank config files too - here it gets even more odd.
> With a blank config file it has the same problem in gnome-terminal, but
> suddenly works in urxvt.
>
> This is very annoying, since i dont like bash too much, but i am forced to
> use it now.
> Also i *have absolute NO plan where to start searching for this issue.
>
> Regards, Rasi

Did you read the news?
http://www.archlinux.org/news/initscripts-update-manual-intervention-required/

Old 10-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Tom Gundersen

2011/10/29 Rasmus Steinke <rasi@xssn.at>:
> On 29.10.2011 12:38, Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
>>
>> On 29 October 2011 11:41, Rasmus Steinke <rasi@xssn.at> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a very nasty problem, which started around the time, arch changed
>>> its
>>> locale configuration.
>>>
>>> i cannot use ssh in a zsh session. All it does is filling my RAM until
>>> the
>>> computer stalls.
>>> If i run the very same ssh command in a bash session, all is working
>>> fine.
>>>
>>> I tried with blank config files too - here it gets even more odd.
>>> With a blank config file it has the same problem in gnome-terminal, but
>>> suddenly works in urxvt.
>>>
>>> This is very annoying, since i dont like bash too much, but i am forced
>>> use it now.
>>> Also i *have absolute NO plan where to start searching for this issue.
>>>
>>> Regards, Rasi
>>>

>> Did you read the news?
>>

>> http://www.archlinux.org/news/initscripts-update-manual-intervention-required/
>
> I didnt mention the locale config without a reason. And yes, i have a
> locale.conf file.
> And as i said. with an empty zsh config it works at least in ONE terminal.

Please open a FS. I'm also using zsh, but cannot reproduce this.

-t

Old 10-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Tom Gundersen

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg@jklm.no> wrote:
> 2011/10/29 Rasmus Steinke <rasi@xssn.at>:

>>> Did you read the news?
>>>

>>> http://www.archlinux.org/news/initscripts-update-manual-intervention-required/
>>
>> I didnt mention the locale config without a reason. And yes, i have a
>> locale.conf file.
>> And as i said. with an empty zsh config it works at least in ONE terminal.
>
> Please open a FS. I'm also using zsh, but cannot reproduce this.

On second thoughts, it might be fixed in git. Could you please try
replacing your /etc/profile.d/locale.sh with:
<https://raw.github.com/teg/initscripts-arch/master/locale.sh>?

Cheers,

Tom