Old 10-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Alfredo Palhares

Default See the llvm volumes from GRUB console

Hello,

I upgarded a remote machine recently. And i got loocked out of the system. I
still have acess to the machine trough serial console (KVM). Is there any
way to list the lvm volumes from there ? Since my /dev/mapper/Root-root
doesn't work.

Alfredo Palhares

Old 10-25-2011, 04:29 PM
Nyuszika7H

Hi Alfredo,

If you've got a live CD, boot it up and execute the following commands:

[root@archiso]# modprobe dm-mod
[root@archiso]# vgscan
Reading all physical volumes. This may take a while...
Found volume group "YourVolGroup" using metadata type lvm2
[root@archiso]# vgchange -ay
NUM logical volume(s) in volume group "YourVolGroup" now active
[root@archiso]# lvdisplay
<useful content for you goes here>

It should be possible from a serial console, too, if you can execute
/sbin/modprobe
and /sbin/lvm from there. Prefix vg- and lv- commands with /sbin/lvm.

Yours sincerely,
nyuszika7h

Old 10-25-2011, 09:11 PM
Alfredo Palhares