Old 10-22-2011, 11:29 AM
"J. Bakshi"

Default problem with qingy - broken after logout

Dear list,

I have come from the debian world. I am a debian user and stick to the light-weight applications since
beginning. I have found arch wiki/tutorial etc... are extremely knowledge based.. hence I have joined
the list to gain my knowledge and experience and also to get help on some critical issues.

I am using quingy as a framebuffer login manager. It runs well. But when I logout from the console;
the qingy comes back with a complete broken look.. where no input is possible. qingy has some resolution
issue which I have fixed by editing /etc/directfbrc with the following

``````````````
mode=1024x768-76
depth=32
``````````````

But still suffering with this broken qingy after logout.
Has anyone have any clue to fix it ?

Thanks

Old 10-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Madhurya Kakati

On Saturday, October 22, 2011, J. Bakshi wrote:

> Dear list,
>
> I have come from the debian world. I am a debian user and stick to the
> light-weight applications since
> beginning. I have found arch wiki/tutorial etc... are extremely knowledge
> based.. hence I have joined
> the list to gain my knowledge and experience and also to get help on some
> critical issues.
>
> I am using quingy as a framebuffer login manager. It runs well. But when I
> logout from the console;
> the qingy comes back with a complete broken look.. where no input is
> possible. qingy has some resolution
> issue which I have fixed by editing /etc/directfbrc with the following
>
> ``````````````
> mode=1024x768-76
> depth=32
> ``````````````
>
> But still suffering with this broken qingy after logout.
> Has anyone have any clue to fix it ?
>
> Thanks

Better luck trying out debian forums/mailing lists. This list is only for
archlinux users.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:40 AM
"J. Bakshi"

On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 17:02:23 +0530
Madhurya Kakati <mkakati2805@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, October 22, 2011, J. Bakshi wrote:
>
> > Dear list,
> >
> > I have come from the debian world. I am a debian user and stick to the
> > light-weight applications since
> > beginning. I have found arch wiki/tutorial etc... are extremely knowledge
> > based.. hence I have joined
> > the list to gain my knowledge and experience and also to get help on some
> > critical issues.
> >
> > I am using quingy as a framebuffer login manager. It runs well. But when I
> > logout from the console;
> > the qingy comes back with a complete broken look.. where no input is
> > possible. qingy has some resolution
> > issue which I have fixed by editing /etc/directfbrc with the following
> >
> > ``````````````
> > mode=1024x768-76
> > depth=32
> > ``````````````
> >
> > But still suffering with this broken qingy after logout.
> > Has anyone have any clue to fix it ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> Better luck trying out debian forums/mailing lists. This list is only for
> archlinux users.

Yes I know.... but arch is such a distro which is stick with the light weight
apps and debud upto core to actually solve issues. One more point, linuxes are
same at the core... so any clue definitely helpful.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:45 AM
Jesse Juhani Jaara

On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 05:10:04PM +0530, J. Bakshi wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Oct 2011 17:02:23 +0530
> Madhurya Kakati <mkakati2805@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Yes I know.... but arch is such a distro which is stick with the light weight
> apps and debud upto core to actually solve issues. One more point, linuxes are
> same at the core... so any clue definitely helpful.

But this is sadly Arch Linux only mailing list, join the upstreams mailiniugn lists
and forums for help. Distros tend to store config in differend places, do stuff differendly
apply unoffical patches, which can change the way stuff works, just do that it would be
more like the other apps in the distro......