Old 10-15-2011, 02:13 PM
"Croco"

Default How to setup Xorg on VirtualBox?

I am a newbie of ArchLinux. I have installed Arch on VirtualBox (Running on windows 7), but unable to startx, does anyone know some instructions about this?

Old 10-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Jason

Old 10-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Leandro Costa

Have you installed the xorg package ?

--
+55(88) 9713-7657
http:// <http://www.leandrocosta.pro.br/>w<http://okidarkeden.blogspot.com/>

Old 10-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Ionut Biru

I am a newbie of ArchLinux. I have installed Arch on VirtualBox (Running on
windows 7), but unable to startx, does anyone know some instructions about
this?

pacman -S xorg-server virtualbox-archlinux-guest xorg-xinit

modprobe vboxvideo

set up ~/.xinitrc
startx

Pretty easy:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Xorg#Installing
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_VirtualBox_Guest

--
IonuČ›

Old 10-15-2011, 02:40 PM
rafael ff1

2011/10/15 Croco <cedcsm@qq.com>:
> I am a newbie of ArchLinux. I have installed Arch on VirtualBox (Running on windows 7), but unable to startx, does anyone know some instructions about this?

There is no need for asking same question twice, "Jason".

Old 10-15-2011, 07:26 PM
Christopher Richard

Have you installed the xorg server. If you have then you need to install the
xorg window manager. This is all in the Arch Beginners Guide on the Arch
Wiki.