Old 10-14-2011, 07:43 PM
Eric Bélanger

Default Problems with .install file and pacman 4.0

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:22 PM, fredbezies <fredbezies@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I don't have any powers to post on arch-dev-public, so I'm writing here.
>
> Since I upgraded to pacman 4.0 (and building tools related to pacman
> 4.0), some packages which have both an install file and a name like
> something-git won't build.
>
> For example, if I try to build vlc-git,
> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16084, I cannot get it build
> until I comment install=() line :
>
> [fred@fredo-arch vlc-git]$ makepkg
> ==> ERROR : install file (('vlc-git.install')) doesn't exist
>
> But a little ls tells me :
>
> [fred@fredo-arch vlc-git]$ ls
> PKGBUILD vlc-git.install
>
> Known bug ?
>
> install file line in this package :
>
> install=('vlc-git.install')
>
> I can see the same for a package I try to maintain, kvm-git :
>
> Any ideas ?
>
> --
> Frederic Bezies
> fredbezies@gmail.com

The install directive shouldn't be an array. So replace
install=('vlc-git.install')
by
install='vlc-git.install'

Old 10-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Frederic Bezies

On 14/10/2011 21:43, Eric Bélanger wrote:

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:22 PM, fredbezies<fredbezies@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

The install directive shouldn't be an array. So replace
install=('vlc-git.install')
by
install='vlc-git.install'

Thanks for the info. It used to work with () before

Have a good week-end !

--
Frederic Bezies - fredbezies@gmail.com
Blog : http://frederic.bezies.free.fr/blog/