Old 10-11-2011, 03:24 PM
"Guillermo Leira"

Default Keyboard Autorepeat

Hello!

Since the upgrade to gnome 3.2, keyboard autorepeat is disabled every now
and then. To reenable it, I just open System Configuration -> keyboard, and
click on any slide bar or disable and enable autorepeat. After this, it
works for some minutes.

I have googled it, and I have seen that this is and old problem in some
distributions and with different applications, but I have none of those
applications.

Anyone has seen this behavior?

Thanks,

Guillermo.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Simon Perry

On 11/10/11, Guillermo Leira wrote:

| Since the upgrade to gnome 3.2, keyboard autorepeat is disabled every now
| and then. To reenable it, I just open System Configuration -> keyboard, and
| click on any slide bar or disable and enable autorepeat. After this, it
| works for some minutes.

Big "yes" here, extremely annoying and I'd love to know what causes it.

--
Simon Perry (aka Pezz)

Old 10-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Rogutės Sparnuotos

Simon Perry (2011-10-12 09:13):
> On 11/10/11, Guillermo Leira wrote:
>
> | Since the upgrade to gnome 3.2, keyboard autorepeat is disabled every now
> | and then. To reenable it, I just open System Configuration -> keyboard, and
> | click on any slide bar or disable and enable autorepeat. After this, it
> | works for some minutes.
>
> Big "yes" here, extremely annoying and I'd love to know what causes it.

Since some recent updates to xorg-server, autorepeat and keyboard layout
settings are forgotten after standby (I set them via `xset` and
`setxkbmap`)... This is very annoying, yes. Perhaps someone has found some
time to investigate this or has seen a related bug report?

--
-- Rogutės Sparnuotos

Old 10-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Taylor Hedberg

Rogutės Sparnuotos, Fri 2011-10-14 @ 15:06:58+0300:
> Since some recent updates to xorg-server, autorepeat and keyboard
> layout settings are forgotten after standby (I set them via `xset` and
> `setxkbmap`)... This is very annoying, yes. Perhaps someone has found
> some time to investigate this or has seen a related bug report?

Yes, I've seen this too. It's not specific to GNOME, as I use xmonad
without any DE and I have the same problem.