Old 10-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Mauro Santos

Default Howto find alternate ABS source download mirror?

On 10-10-2011 23:13, Karol Blazewicz wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Karol Blazewicz
> <karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:05 AM, David C. Rankin
>> <drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>>> Guys,
>>>
>>> Where do I find a list of ABS download mirrors?
>>>
>>> I was working with ffmpeg and the download from ftp.archlinux.org was
>>> painfully slow due to the throttled connection. Is there somewhere mirrors
>>> for ABS sources are listed? Usually it doesn't matter because most sources
>>> are relatively small, but with packages like ffmpeg (50 meg), the throttling
>>> difference can be extreme. Thanks.
>>>
>>> --
>>> David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
>>>

>> I think you're mixing things up, ABS doesn't hold sources, they are
>> defined in the PKGBUILDS, they are just urls.
>>

> Sorry, should have checked the PKGBUILD in question first. indeed,
> ffmpeg is one of the packages we have sources in
> ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/
> Sorry for the noise.

abs -t might do the trick for you, it will sync via tarball from the
mirror you use for packages. At least it's what abs -h says and what is
defined in /etc/abs.conf
Never tried it myself though.

--
Mauro Santos

Old 10-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Allan McRae

Where do I find a list of ABS download mirrors?

I was working with ffmpeg and the download from ftp.archlinux.org was
painfully slow due to the throttled connection. Is there somewhere
mirrors for ABS sources are listed? Usually it doesn't matter because
most sources are relatively small, but with packages like ffmpeg (50
meg), the throttling difference can be extreme. Thanks.

That is a snapshot taken from upstream git by the packager and then
hosted on our server so a constant source is available. So there is no
alternative location.

Allan

Old 10-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Řyvind Heggstad

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:05:32 -0500
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Where do I find a list of ABS download mirrors?
>
> I was working with ffmpeg and the download from ftp.archlinux.org
> was painfully slow due to the throttled connection. Is there
> somewhere mirrors for ABS sources are listed? Usually it doesn't
> matter because most sources are relatively small, but with packages
> like ffmpeg (50 meg), the throttling difference can be extreme.
> Thanks.

You can check out at the same commit that the tarball is from the git
tree, or just grab the latest git version. It is fairly "safe" as
there isn't often any breakage in the ffmpeg tree.