Old 10-10-2011, 10:05 PM
"David C. Rankin"

Default Howto find alternate ABS source download mirror?

Guys,

Where do I find a list of ABS download mirrors?

I was working with ffmpeg and the download from ftp.archlinux.org was
painfully slow due to the throttled connection. Is there somewhere mirrors for
ABS sources are listed? Usually it doesn't matter because most sources are
relatively small, but with packages like ffmpeg (50 meg), the throttling
difference can be extreme. Thanks.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:05 AM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
> *Where do I find a list of ABS download mirrors?
>
> *I was working with ffmpeg and the download from ftp.archlinux.org was
> painfully slow due to the throttled connection. Is there somewhere mirrors
> for ABS sources are listed? Usually it doesn't matter because most sources
> are relatively small, but with packages like ffmpeg (50 meg), the throttling
> difference can be extreme. Thanks.
>
> --
> David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.

I think you're mixing things up, ABS doesn't hold sources, they are
defined in the PKGBUILDS, they are just urls.

Old 10-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Karol Blazewicz

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Karol Blazewicz
<karol.blazewicz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 12:05 AM, David C. Rankin
> <drankinatty@suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
>> Guys,
>>
>> *Where do I find a list of ABS download mirrors?
>>
>> *I was working with ffmpeg and the download from ftp.archlinux.org was
>> painfully slow due to the throttled connection. Is there somewhere mirrors
>> for ABS sources are listed? Usually it doesn't matter because most sources
>> are relatively small, but with packages like ffmpeg (50 meg), the throttling
>> difference can be extreme. Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
>>

> I think you're mixing things up, ABS doesn't hold sources, they are
> defined in the PKGBUILDS, they are just urls.

Sorry, should have checked the PKGBUILD in question first. indeed,
ffmpeg is one of the packages we have sources in
ftp://ftp.archlinux.org/other/
Sorry for the noise.