Old 12-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Ionuț Bîru

Default plans for Xorg/Mesa - closed drivers may break for some time in testing

On 12/17/2010 09:32 AM, Andreas Radke wrote:

I don't follow the closed stuff. Maybe you know something about the
state of catalyst and nvidia with new Xorg 1.10.

the latest stable 260.19.26 doesn't work with xorg-server 1.10 even with
IgnoreABI [1]. Right now no beta version was released. If they keep the
schedule of releasing versions, i think in 2/3 weeks they would release
a new one, hopefully with support.

[1] http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=157853

--
Ionuț

Old 12-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Jan de Groot

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 08:32 +0100, Andreas Radke wrote:
> My plan is to start bringing new libdrm/mesa7.10/Xorg1.10 in the next
> days to testing. This will improve (me prays) the situation for open
> source drivers but will probably break the proprietary drivers for
> some time.
>
> I don't follow the closed stuff. Maybe you know something about the
> state of catalyst and nvidia with new Xorg 1.10.

I would like to have libdrm/mesa7.10/xorg1.9 in extra first. Mesa 7.9
has its problems, so I don't think going to 7.10 is a bad idea. So far
the bug count for xorg-server is quite low at this moment, all problems
we're facing now comes from drivers, so I don't see reason to jump to a
release candidate of 1.10 now.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:43 PM
Andreas Radke

Am Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:36:24 +0100
schrieb Jan de Groot <jan@jgc.homeip.net>:

> I would like to have libdrm/mesa7.10/xorg1.9 in extra first. Mesa 7.9
> has its problems, so I don't think going to 7.10 is a bad idea. So far
> the bug count for xorg-server is quite low at this moment, all
> problems we're facing now comes from drivers, so I don't see reason
> to jump to a release candidate of 1.10 now.

Sounds also good to me. I'll push new libdrm/Mesa7.10/Xorg-server 1.9.3
to testing and do some driver updates. Once they will be moved to extra
we can think about the new Xorg-server again.

-Andy