Old 12-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Tom Gundersen

Default : suggestion for new udev.install

Hi UDev maintainers,

Attached is a suggestion for a new udev.install file.

Two changes:

Removed the output regarding upgrading from udev =< 100. This is more
than four years old, and was referring to a non-existent readme file.

Added a conditional database conversion, as this is recommended when
upgrading from udev <=164 to 165 (which was recently released).

Cheers,

Tom

Old 12-16-2010, 04:07 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 16.12.2010 17:54, schrieb Tom Gundersen:
> Hi UDev maintainers,
>
> Attached is a suggestion for a new udev.install file.
>
> Two changes:
>
> Removed the output regarding upgrading from udev =< 100. This is more
> than four years old, and was referring to a non-existent readme file.

Makes sense

> Added a conditional database conversion, as this is recommended when
> upgrading from udev <=164 to 165 (which was recently released).

This database is generated on-the-fly and located in /dev afaik! As we
do not stop and restart udev on upgrade, this conversion is not needed -
the db will be regenerated on reboot anyway.

Correct me if I am wrong, but afaik udev has no database anywhere in
/var (or anywhere else outside of /dev).