Old 12-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Kaiting Chen

Default why I'd rather use Python over Javascript for web development

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM, C Anthony Risinger <anthony@extof.me>wrote:

> ) JS is completely unstructured. powerful, but causes developers to
> implement many things that would be a part of the core syntax in other
> langs
> ) the ^^^^ causes many different impls of the same, and new devs to
> misuse the really great things about JS, like first-class closures.
> leads to absolutely obtuse and horrendous looking libraries, with
> weird semantics for its usage, like passing objects to emulate named
> arguments, and a hundred other more prudent examples.
> ) umpteen number of naunces between browsers, browser versions, and
> half-eaten standards.
>
> yes, JS has some decent libraries, and widget sets (don't say extjs).
> but pyjamas can be ran as a 100% python desktop app too.

I see. One more question, what's wrong with ExtJS? It's my favorite
Javascript library of all time. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Old 12-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Evangelos Foutras

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Kaiting Chen <kaitocracy@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM, C Anthony Risinger <anthony@extof.me>wrote:
>
>> ) JS is completely unstructured. *powerful, but causes developers to
>> implement many things that would be a part of the core syntax in other
>> langs
>> ) the ^^^^ causes many different impls of the same, and new devs to
>> misuse the really great things about JS, like first-class closures.
>> leads to absolutely obtuse and horrendous looking libraries, with
>> weird semantics for its usage, like passing objects to emulate named
>> arguments, and a hundred other more prudent examples.
>> ) umpteen number of naunces between browsers, browser versions, and
>> half-eaten standards.
>>
>> yes, JS has some decent libraries, and widget sets (don't say extjs).
>> but pyjamas can be ran as a 100% python desktop app too.
>>

> I see. One more question, what's wrong with ExtJS? It's my favorite
> Javascript library of all time. --Kaiting.

You reminded me of a comment on reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/cf8cv/extjs_to_add_more_confusion_to_developers_changes/c0s6tah

Old 12-14-2010, 07:17 PM
Kaiting Chen

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis@gmail.com>wrote:

> You reminded me of a comment on reddit:
>
> http://www.reddit.com/r/programming/comments/cf8cv/extjs_to_add_more_confusion_to_developers_changes/c0s6tah

Funny comment, but whoever wrote it is an idiot and needs to RTFM. In terms
of epic rants I really prefer the top voted response to
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1732348/regex-match-open-tags-except-xhtml-self-contained-tags

--Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/