Old 12-13-2010, 02:03 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Default 2010.12-1 archboot "2k10-R8" ISO hybrid image released

Hi Arch community,

Arch Linux (archboot creation tool) 2010.12-1, "2k10-R8" has been released.
To avoid confusion, this is not an official arch linux iso release!

Homepage and for more information on archboot:
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Archboot

Forum:

Hybrid image file and torrent is provided, which include
i686 and x86_64 core repository. Please check md5sum before using it.

Hybrid image file is a standard CD-burnable image and also a raw disk image.
- Can be burned to CD(RW) media using most CD-burning utilities.
- Can be raw-written to a drive using 'dd' or similar utilities.
This method is intended for use with USB thumb drives.

Please get it from your favorite arch linux mirror:
- http://www.archlinux.de/?page=GetFileFromMirror;file=iso/archboot/2010.12
- <yourmirror>/iso/archboot/2010.12/

Have fun,
greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 12-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Montag 13 Dezember 2010 schrieb Damjan:

> > Hybrid image file and torrent is provided, which include
> > i686 and x86_64 core repository. Please check md5sum before using it.
> >
> > Hybrid image file is a standard CD-burnable image and also a raw disk
> > image.
> >
> > - Can be burned to CD(RW) media using most CD-burning utilities.
> > - Can be raw-written to a drive using 'dd' or similar utilities.
> >
> > This method is intended for use with USB thumb drives.
>
> Are the kernel(s) and initramfs downloadable separately from somewhere?
> Or my only choice is extracting from the .iso?
>
> I ask since I've put archboot in my PXE boot environment.
Good point, yes i just added the file:
https://downloads.archlinux.de/iso/archboot/2010.12/boot

they just need to sync to the mirrors now.

greetings
tpowa
--
Tobias Powalowski
http://www.archlinux.org

Old 12-13-2010, 04:05 PM
"KESHAV P.R."

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 22:05, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa@gmx.de> wrote:
> Am Montag 13 Dezember 2010 schrieb Damjan:
>> >
>> > Hybrid image file and torrent is provided, which include
>> > i686 and x86_64 core repository. Please check md5sum before using it.
>> >
>> > Hybrid image file is a standard CD-burnable image and also a raw disk
>> > image.
>> >
>> > * * *- Can be burned to CD(RW) media using most CD-burning utilities.
>> > * * *- Can be raw-written to a drive using 'dd' or similar utilities.
>> >
>> > * * * *This method is intended for use with USB thumb drives.
>>
>> Are the kernel(s) and initramfs downloadable separately from somewhere?
>> Or my only choice is extracting from the .iso?
>>
>> I ask since I've put archboot in my PXE boot environment.
> Good point, yes i just added the file:
> https://downloads.archlinux.de/iso/archboot/2010.12/boot
>
> they just need to sync to the mirrors now.

You forgot to put the i686 initramfs files (not that I use them but
some other users might need).

- Keshav

Old 12-13-2010, 04:41 PM
Tobias Powalowski

Am Montag 13 Dezember 2010 schrieb KESHAV P.R.:

> >> Are the kernel(s) and initramfs downloadable separately from somewhere?
> >> Or my only choice is extracting from the .iso?
> >>
> >> I ask since I've put archboot in my PXE boot environment.
> >
> > Good point, yes i just added the file:
> > https://downloads.archlinux.de/iso/archboot/2010.12/boot
> >
> > they just need to sync to the mirrors now.
>
> You forgot to put the i686 initramfs files (not that I use them but
> some other users might need).
>
> - Keshav

The mirrors start syncing those files, they are there and will appear soon.
greetings
tpowa

--
Tobias Powalowski