Old 12-12-2010, 04:52 PM
jesse jaara

Default Testing kills shm and pts

Old 12-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Kaiting Chen

Um what? You're going to need to be a little more specific. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

Old 12-12-2010, 05:37 PM
jesse jaara

So I enabled testing, community-testing and kde-unstable
updated yaourt -Syu and reebooted. Now when ever I boot the
machine the /dev/shm and /dev/pts get mounted so that
only root can write into them. So I cannot use shm as
a normal user and no terminal emulator can create
a /dev/pts/0 node.

2010/12/12 Kaiting Chen <kaitocracy@gmail.com>

> Um what? You're going to need to be a little more specific. --Kaiting.
>
> --
> Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/

--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Thomas Dziedzic

On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 12:37 PM, jesse jaara <jesse.jaara@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I enabled testing, community-testing and kde-unstable
> updated yaourt -Syu and reebooted. Now when ever I boot the
> machine the /dev/shm and /dev/pts get mounted so that
> only root can write into them. So I cannot use shm as
> a normal user and no terminal emulator can create
> a /dev/pts/0 node.
>
> 2010/12/12 Kaiting Chen <kaitocracy@gmail.com>
>
>> Um what? You're going to need to be a little more specific. --Kaiting.
>>
>> --
>> Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/
>>

> --
> (\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
> (0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.
> (> <) come join the dark side.
> /_|_ (we have cookies.)

Please don't top post.
Anyways, this sort of thing really belongs in bugs.archlinux.org

Old 12-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Dwight Schauer