Old 12-13-2010, 09:07 PM
jesse jaara

Default Testing kills shm and pts

Shm is used by pulseaudio I think and also i copy my chromium profile
from hd to shm an boot and then remove cache and copy the profile
back to hd when i shutdown. Also it is used by one script that simply
touches a lock file in there.
Reproducing is as simple as just rebooting the pc and the permissions
are broken and shm is mounted whit beautiful size of mere 10 mb and it
used to mount whit a size of 1.4G (it broke my chromium profile as it
didn't fit in there )
Il try to add those options and the size option too to the fstab and see if
that helps, hopely this won't eat my chromium profile again
--
(\_ /) copy the bunny to your profile
(0.o ) to help him achieve world domination.

Old 12-13-2010, 09:47 PM
Thomas Bächler

Am 13.12.2010 23:07, schrieb jesse jaara:
> Reproducing is as simple as just rebooting the pc and the permissions
> are broken and shm is mounted whit beautiful size of mere 10 mb and it
> used to mount whit a size of 1.4G

If you would care to check the output of 'mount', you would notice that
it is not mounted at all.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:55 PM
Tavian Barnes

On 13 December 2010 14:30, jesse jaara <jesse.jaara@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have sent it already twice as attatchenment

This list filters attachments.

--
Tavian Barnes

Old 12-14-2010, 05:48 AM
Attila

At Montag, 13. Dezember 2010 23:07 jesse jaara wrote:

> Reproducing is as simple as just rebooting the pc and the permissions
> are broken and shm is mounted whit beautiful size of mere 10 mb and it
> used to mount whit a size of 1.4G (it broke my chromium profile as it
> didn't fit in there )

The permissions makes me wonder because with my line

devpts /dev/pts devpts defaults 0 0

the permissions of /dev/pts looks like this

# ls -l /dev/pts/
insgesamt 0
crw--w---- 1 user tty 136, 0 14. Dez 06:02 0
crw------- 1 user tty 136, 1 14. Dez 07:28 1
crw------- 1 user tty 136, 2 14. Dez 07:28 2
crw------- 1 user tty 136, 3 14. Dez 07:41 3
[root ~]
# ls -l -d /dev/pts/
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 14. Dez 06:00 /dev/pts/
# grep pts /proc/mounts
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0

> Il try to add those options and the size option too to the fstab and see if
> that helps, hopely this won't eat my chromium profile again

Only as an info for an alternative: I never used /dev/shm for this and prefer to
do such things in /tmp to seperate it and here my lines in the fstab:

shm /dev/shm tmpfs defaults,rw,nosuid,noexec,size=32m 0 0
tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,rw,mode=1777 0 0

All my favorite browser (opera, firefox and chromium) have their cache inside of
/tmp but i don't use a script for copying the profile.

Good luck, Attila