-   -   State of the Repositories (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/463265-state-repositories.html)

Allan McRae 12-09-2010 01:35 AM

State of the Repositories

On 09/12/10 10:16, keenerd wrote:

Makepkg was fixed in 0.3.4, released on 2010-06-16. What packages
have been updated since then?

You mean 3.4.0?

Anyway, not all "return 1"s are bad as there are some special cases.
e.g. there is one in the binutils PKGBUILD in a helper function that
generates the source tarball.

Allan

Kazuo Teramoto 12-09-2010 01:54 AM

State of the Repositories

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:16 PM, keenerd <keenerd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's make a graph to show how bad it continues to be.
>
>> expac -S -t '%Y-%m' '%b' $(cat return_one) | sort | uniq -c | sed 's/^ *//' > return_one_releases
> http://kmkeen.com/tmp/return-one-releases.png
>
> If packages were actually cleaned up when updated, the red line would
> be flat on zero. Â*Instead, 50-100 packages with 'return 1' are
> released every month. Â*(And yes, the oldest surviving package is
> almost three years old. Â*Happy birthday perl-passwd-md5, if you make
> it another month.)

Uhh... I see myself in you, somewhat. People that make graphs, and
estimation of everything...

In my last "work" I made a Monte Carlo simulation for estimating the
probabilities of the winner of soccer championship (BrasileirĂŁo 2010,
I'm Brazilian) (note: I hate soccer...). And worked! I get the first 3
places correct six rounds before the end (from a total of 38
rounds)...

Regards,
Kazuo
--
“The journey is more important than the destination—that’s part of
life, if you only live for getting to the end, you’re almost always

Donald E. Knuth

Vitor Eiji Justus Sakaguti 12-09-2010 11:37 AM

State of the Repositories

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 12:54 AM, Kazuo Teramoto <kaz.rag@gmail.com> wrote:
> Uhh... I see myself in you, somewhat. People that make graphs, and
> estimation of everything...
>
> In my last "work" I made a Monte Carlo simulation for estimating the
> probabilities of the winner of soccer championship (Brasileirăo 2010,
> I'm Brazilian) (note: I hate soccer...). And worked! I get the first 3
> places correct six rounds before the end (from a total of 38
> rounds)...

And pissed off some people, don't forget that :)

Cheers,
Vitor