Old 12-07-2010, 04:09 AM
Loui Chang

Default Changing subject line - Was: Python 3 Rationale?

On Mon 06 Dec 2010 23:24 -0500, Kaiting Chen wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>
> > Top posting vs. going off topic without changing subject lines. I'm not
> > sure which is worse...
>
> Bottom posting in Gmail is a pain in the ass. --Kaiting.

Get a better mail client.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Julius Caesar

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon 06 Dec 2010 23:24 -0500, Kaiting Chen wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Top posting vs. going off topic without changing subject lines. I'm not
> > > sure which is worse...
> >
> > Bottom posting in Gmail is a pain in the ass. --Kaiting.
>
> Get a better mail client.

Sorry to butt in, but I am a GMail user and I am typing this in through
Thunderbird. You can use GMail without using the webmail, and you can
configure Thunderbird to automatically bottom-post. Just saying.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Cédric Girard

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Julius Caesar <juliuscaesar29@gmail.com>wrote:

> Sorry to butt in, but I am a GMail user and I am typing this in through
> Thunderbird. You can use GMail without using the webmail, and you can
> configure Thunderbird to automatically bottom-post. Just saying.

And you can bottom post in Gmail as well if needed.

--
Cédric Girard

Old 12-07-2010, 01:22 PM
Peter Lewis

On Tuesday 07 December 2010 14:03:34 Julius Caesar wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 12:09 AM, Loui Chang <louipc.ist@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Bottom posting in Gmail is a pain in the ass. --Kaiting.
> >
> > Get a better mail client.
>
> Sorry to butt in, but I am a GMail user and I am typing this in through
> Thunderbird. You can use GMail without using the webmail, and you can
> configure Thunderbird to automatically bottom-post. Just saying.

...and you really shouldn't ever blame your tools for your behaviour, in any
walk of life... :-p

Old 12-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Ng Oon-Ee

On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 23:24 -0500, Kaiting Chen wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
>
> > Top posting vs. going off topic without changing subject lines. I'm not
> > sure which is worse...
> >

> Bottom posting in Gmail is a pain in the ass. --Kaiting.

1. Click 'Reply'
2. Press-and-hold 'Ctrl'
3. Press 'End'
4. Release 'Ctrl'
5. ....
6. Profit!

Old 12-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Joao Cordeiro

2010/12/7 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@gmail.com>

> On Mon, 2010-12-06 at 23:24 -0500, Kaiting Chen wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Top posting vs. going off topic without changing subject lines. I'm not
> > > sure which is worse...
> > >

> > Bottom posting in Gmail is a pain in the ass. --Kaiting.
> >
> 1. Click 'Reply'
> 2. Press-and-hold 'Ctrl'
> 3. Press 'End'
> 4. Release 'Ctrl'
> 5. ....
> 6. Profit!

Does not work.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Filip Filipov

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 18:44, Joao Cordeiro <jlcordeiro@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/12/7 Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee@gmail.com>

>> > Bottom posting in Gmail is a pain in the ass. --Kaiting.
>> >
>> 1. Click 'Reply'
>> 2. Press-and-hold 'Ctrl'
>> 3. Press 'End'
>> 4. Release 'Ctrl'
>> 5. ....
>> 6. Profit!
>>

> Does not work.

it does, I just tested it .
are we done spaming the mailing list ?

--
=====================================
This mail was sent using 100% recycled electrons

Old 12-10-2010, 11:19 AM

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 03:11:21PM +0100, Cédric Girard wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Julius Caesar <juliuscaesar29@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Sorry to butt in, but I am a GMail user and I am typing this in through
> > Thunderbird. You can use GMail without using the webmail, and you can
> > configure Thunderbird to automatically bottom-post. Just saying.
> >

> And you can bottom post in Gmail as well if needed.
>
> --
> Cédric Girard

Or just use VIM in Mutt and press G, o and start typing. o /