-   -   perl 5.12.1-3? not 5.12.2-1? (http://www.linux-archive.org/archlinux-general-discussion/447080-perl-5-12-1-3-not-5-12-2-1-a.html)

Caleb Cushing 11-02-2010 12:05 PM

perl 5.12.1-3? not 5.12.2-1?

I'm just a bit curious on this, why release a -3 when upstream
released a new ABI compatible (as far as I know) release over a month
ago, that isn't yet in repo.

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.com

Ionuț Bîru 11-02-2010 12:14 PM

perl 5.12.1-3? not 5.12.2-1?

On 11/02/2010 03:05 PM, Caleb Cushing wrote:

I'm just a bit curious on this, why release a -3 when upstream
released a new ABI compatible (as far as I know) release over a month
ago, that isn't yet in repo.

lets see. http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/packages/perl/trunk/

upgpkg: perl 5.12.1-3
db-5.1 rebuild

--
Ionuț

Caleb Cushing 11-02-2010 12:18 PM

perl 5.12.1-3? not 5.12.2-1?

On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 8:14 AM, Ionuț Bîru <ibiru@archlinux.org> wrote:
> lets see. http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/packages/perl/trunk/

that explains a version bump, not why perl wasn't upgraded at the same
time, if you've gotta rebuild perl might as well make it current. it's
not like this is 5.14 and it'll break everything again.

--
Caleb Cushing

http://xenoterracide.com

Allan McRae 11-03-2010 02:26 AM

perl 5.12.1-3? not 5.12.2-1?

that explains a version bump, not why perl wasn't upgraded at the same
time, if you've gotta rebuild perl might as well make it current. it's
not like this is 5.14 and it'll break everything again.

I do not maintain perl so I was doing nothing more than a simple
rebuild. Updating a package when you know nothing about it is usually
not a good idea...

Allan