Old 10-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Steve Holmes

Default Postgresql-docs is Broken

I just downloaded the latest 9.01 version of postgresql-docs which
supposedly should contain the html documentation for postgresql.
Alas, the package size is less than 1 K and when installed, a
pacman -Qql
only reveals some man directories under /usr/share. There are no
files present. Is anyone aware of this situation?

Old 10-29-2010, 03:44 PM
Dan McGee

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Steve Holmes <steve.holmes88@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just downloaded the latest 9.01 version of postgresql-docs which
> supposedly should contain the html documentation for postgresql.
> Alas, the package size is less than 1 K and when installed, a
> pacman -Qql
> only reveals some man directories under /usr/share. *There are no
> files present. *Is anyone aware of this situation?

It is a bug, but this isn't the place for reporting it...
https://bugs.archlinux.org/?project=1

It is pretty easy to confirm yourself, note the difference in size and
the files list:
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/postgresql-docs/
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/postgresql-docs/

Finally, always include the arch of the package if it is not arch='any'.

-Dan

Old 10-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Steve Holmes

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 10:44:41AM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> It is a bug, but this isn't the place for reporting it...
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/?project=1
>
> It is pretty easy to confirm yourself, note the difference in size and
> the files list:
> http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/i686/postgresql-docs/
> http://www.archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/postgresql-docs/
>
> Finally, always include the arch of the package if it is not arch='any'.

I will take a look at the links shortly but in the meantime, I tried
to look in the /var/abs/extra for postgresql-docs and there is no
directory with PKGBUILD or anything for postresql-docs nor
postgresql-lib. I thought abs was supposed to contain the PKGBUILDs
and related files for all packages in the Arch repos.

What am I missing here?

Old 10-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Kazuo Teramoto

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Steve Holmes <steve.holmes88@gmail.com> wrote:

> I will take a look at the links shortly but in the meantime, I tried
> to look in the /var/abs/extra for postgresql-docs and there is no
> directory with PKGBUILD or anything for postresql-docs nor
> postgresql-lib. *I thought abs was supposed to contain the PKGBUILDs
> and related files for all packages in the Arch repos.
>
> What am I missing here?

Looking harder =]

/var/abs/extra/postgresql/PKGBUILD

Its is a split package.

--
«Dans la vie, rien n'est ŕ craindre, tout est ŕ comprendre»
Marie Sklodowska Curie.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:44 PM
Steve Holmes

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 02:58:12PM -0200, Kazuo Teramoto wrote:
> > What am I missing here?
> >

> Looking harder =]
>
> /var/abs/extra/postgresql/PKGBUILD
>
> Its is a split package.

Interesting. I've never seen a split package like that before. In
fact, the previous version of the postgresql package was not
constructed that way. This change in the PKGBUILD appears to have
shown up with this 9.1 version.

I'm in the process of rebuilding the package now to see if I can get
the docs available.