Old 10-28-2010, 03:46 PM
Attila

Default New nvidia driver - video mode not recognized - remove vga= from kernel line?

At Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010 13:19 Heiko Baums wrote:

> And you need to decide whether you want to use KMS or not. If you want
> to use KMS you need to remove the vga kernel parameter. Otherwise you
> need to add the two kernel parameters vga and nomodeset (both of them)
> to the kernel line of your bootloader.

I don't have nomodeset but "blacklist nouveau" in one of the files from
/etc/modprobe.d. This works too.

See you, Attila

Old 10-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Attila

At Freitag, 29. Oktober 2010 22:36 David C. Rankin wrote:

> Do you (all) think this needs a bug opened? There must be a reason
why, but
> given the lack of chatter I have seen about it, it must be fairly rare. Dunno
if
> it is worth chasing. Arch-dev thoughts?

More for upstream than for achlinux and perhaps it will very hard to find it.
Some time ago i switched from 791 to 0x317 because of the same reason as you
now. It seems for me normal user that one of this 2 ways works even better than
the other. I would say that you can save your time and enjoy that it works now
again.

See you, Attila