Old 10-28-2010, 11:59 AM

Default ath9k, ar928x, monitor mode

If someone have this card - please, test it. On 2.6.36 kernel monitor mode causes kernel panic, on .35 - simply doesn't work properly(channel of mon0 interface == -1).
--
WBR && GTFO

Old 10-28-2010, 02:08 PM
Marek Niklíček

2010/10/28 <killall_humans@lavabit.com>:
> If someone have this card *- please, test it. On 2.6.36 kernel monitor mode causes kernel panic, on .35 - simply doesn't work properly(channel of mon0 interface == -1).
> --
> WBR && GTFO

I can confirm that monitor mode causes a kernel panic with 2.6.36, but
with 2.6.35 it works here.

lspci -k:
05:00.0 Network controller: Atheros Communications Inc. AR928X
Wireless Network Adapter (PCI-Express) (rev 01)
Subsystem: Foxconn International, Inc. Device e01f
Kernel driver in use: ath9k
Kernel modules: ath9k